The festive season is upon us and I am so excited to share quite a few beautiful and simple DIY Christmas Ornaments you can make this year. Last month I was at Lincraft with the kids and I came upon an entire section of clear plastic baubles. I had grabbed a couple of packets and knew I wanted to either paint them and cover them in glitter for that essential Christmas tree sparkle. My them for Christmas this year is pink and green, and after painting the baubles pink I went to my local discount store to find pink glitter. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything I liked but I stumbled across gold foil, and knew they would be perfect for the painted baubles. And here we are. Read on to find out how you can make your own Painted Gold Foil Baubles for your Christmas tree this festive season.
1. Cover your work surface with a drop sheet. Unscrew the lids off the baubles and set them onto the drop sheet.
2. Hold a bauble in your hand and paint it. Insert a skewer into the hole of the bauble and stand it up in a tall glass. Repeat until all of the baubles are painted and set aside to dry.
3. Paint the lids and set aside to dry. You might need to paint two coats.
4. When the baubles are dry, remove them from the skewers. Apply a thin layer of glue stick directly onto the surface of the bauble. Pick up the gold foil with your fingers and pat it directly onto the glue. Cover the surface of the bauble with as little or as much gold foil as you like. Insert a skewer into the hole of the bauble and stand it up in a tall glass. Set aside to dry.
5. When the glue is dry screw the lids back onto the baubles and thread a piece of raffia though the lid. Tie it off with a double knot and trim any excess raffia off with scissors.
I am thrilled with how these turned out. I was initially really sad I couldn't find the perfect shade of pink glitter, but as soon as I saw the gold foil I knew I could make it work. I love how luxe the gold foil looks! Best of all? You can use any water based paint for this DIY Christmas Ornament and Choice Discount had gold, silver and rose gold foil.