We recently had a bit of an abundance of strawberries in the fridge, and as some of you will know, we decided to make Homemade Strawberry Jam. Instead of spreading the jam on bread for the next few days, I decided to make Coconut Rice Pudding and ripple a couple of tablespoons of the Strawberry Jam on top with sliced fresh strawberries and raw macadamias. A lot of you asked on Instagram if we could share our recipe, so here it is. It's super easy and surprisingly quick.
- 1 Cup of arborio or sushi rice
- 800ml coconut cream
- 200ml water
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- Homemade Strawberry Jam (or if you need to cheat, any jar of strawberry jam)
- Handful of raw macadamia nuts
- Combine rice, coconut cream, water, maple syrup and vanilla essence in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the rice is al dente. Add a pinch of salt to season and stir through.
- Cooking the rice may take anywhere between 20 to 40 minutes depending on your stove top. Make sure you stir often to avoid the rice sticking to the bottom of the saucepan and burning.
- We like our rice pudding really moist, but if you don't, feel free to reduce the liquid down further if you'd like.
- Serve in a bowl, top with a few teaspoons of strawberry jam and ripple the jam through the rice pudding using the end of a teaspoon.
- Slice a few fresh strawberries and place on top. Scatter raw macadamia nuts on top, and a bit more sea salt if you'd like, and enjoy! You could even toast the macadamia's quickly in another saucepan if you'd like.